Jan 20, 2012

Still Standing~

Have you ever wondered after God promises you he is making changes in your life how long you have to stand on that promise until it comes to pass? So many times I know I myself have put a "natural " time line on his promise. Or atleast I have tried to. However in reality our time frame is certainly not our Lord's timelime. Looking back on past season's in my life I can see where God had spoken to me about a situation in my life and I would of course get all excited that my "daddy" God was turning it around, and then came the waiting period. I would wait and wait and wait and wait some more. There would be days I would have to remind myself that HE did tell me what he was doing even though I had not seen it yet. There would be days I would allow my irritaions to over take me and even allow myself to feel discouraged with my surrounding circumstances. And then there were even some days I would resemable a toddler by pitching a fit with God demanding that he be done now. As a parent I can remember trying to reason with my girls when they where toddlers. Anyone who has ever experienced having a two year old knows what I am talking about. However when one of my girls would "pitch" a fit per say. Momma did not give in. Instead I would pick them up in my arms, have them look in my eyes and tell them again when I would complete the task they were so adamant I do. Now I did not always answer their request in their time frame, or in the way they wanted me to and there were times I didn't answer it at all. Being the parent I knew what was best for my child as I could see the bigger picture and they could not.
As a child of God, he to does not always answer our request in our time frame, or in the way we would like him to. There are times he may not even give us what we are asking for as He sees the bigger picture. So looking back in my times of need I can see where he has picked me up, had me look into his eyes ( his word) and explain to me once again that he will take care of the situation in his time. Which brings me back to what I call my "life" scripture.

Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

And I continue to stand knowing that my "daddy" God is in control and has a bounty of blessings for me, however I must continue to stand! I encourage you all to continue standing on the promises of God, after all He rewards faithfullness~


Much Love~
Stacey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always a Blessing~