Sep 3, 2012

Paint Your Picture~


When I was a small child, my siblings and I would lie down in the grass and make pictures from the clouds. There were always ones with ponies, puppies and sometimes faces. Sometimes we would see Mickey Mouse or hands ,fingers and toes and of course my brother could always find a truck in those clouds.
 We could do that for hours as the clouds moved and changed their shapes right before our eyes.

Our imaginations would kick into full gear as we would "paint" our pictures in the big puffy clouds. I wanted to reach up and just touch those big fluffy cotton candy looking  clouds.  We would take turns telling each other what picture we saw in the clouds and then try to get the others to see it to.

It was a simple childhood bonding time that could go on forever......



In the past several months God has spoken to our church and told us all to "Paint our Picture" Big!!
No matter our current circumstances, or situations, paint it big He says!!

Tradition teaches us to be satisfied with our current status. It teaches us NOT to ask for better finances, homes,vacations and such. It teaches us to be happy living in sub-standard conditions, from pay check to pay check. Tradition teaches us that we must suffer for Christ, therefore we are to live below standards.

As a child I was taught, to have nice things were not of Christ. For me to be a solider for God's army I was to live in poverty. My picture was to be one of small things, not grand things in my life.
I could never understand why a God that loves me so much would want me to have a life of poverty. Why He would want me to live pay check to pay check, unable to meet my bills??

That was tradition speaking to my heart...........

Not God's words.............

Matthew 7:7

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

As a mom, I want nothing but the best for my girls. I want them to succeed in every area of their lives, to be able to bless others who are in need.
To full fill every dream, goal and God given journey laid before them. 
When one of my girls, my precious treasures from God, come to me and ask to full fill a need in their lives, I do everything I can to do so. 

Because my love for them is greater then my own......

As children of God, He too wants the best for his children!!!
He loves us more than we can ever imagine or comprehend. He wants to full fill our every need.

His word tells us He will provide for us according to his riches and glory~

 He wants each of us to prosper...He wants our pictures painted BIG!!!

HIS word tells us so..............

Job 22:21

21 “Submit to God and be at peace with him;
    in this way prosperity will come to you.

Just as I will reward my girls for their obedience, Our daddy God will reward us for ours.
It is when our faith is sound and our feet are planted firmly in His word that He rewards our faithfulness and prospers our lives.

As I continue to paint my picture,( and at times make my picture clouds), I rest in my daddy God's words. I know that the Great I Am is at work behind the scenes for me and the day will come when my picture will be so bold and bright, those who dare to look, will see the works of God in all areas of my life.
They will witness the blessings bestowed on me and my family, they will witness my ability to bless others in large ways in their time of need. They will see the fruit of my labor as Christ works in and through me.

They will see the big picture my daddy God told me to paint and watch as HE hangs it for all to see His glory!!!
I encourage you all, no matter your circumstances, or situations.....
Paint you Picture BIG!!!!


And you if get the chance, make yourself a few pictures in the clouds~ :)



 Much love, 
Stacey

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

                                                                                 


5 comments:

  1. Love this!!!!! I used to watch clouds and wish I could reach up and touch them and even walk on them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy!My wish was to be able to ride on a cloud :))

    Blessings to you my sweet friend!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. that made me tear up a little, Stacey. Dreaming big is such a novel concept, but why not do it? What's the worst that can happen? If God wants it to happen, it will. If not, at least you've stived for something *more* than ordinary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT POST!!! New follower from the "Monday Meetup"
    Tif
    Ramblings of a Southern Belle
    http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Tif!! I am happy you stopped by!! And honored you are our newest follower!! Can't wait to hop over to your and be blessed!!

    Blessings to you~
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a Blessing~