Jul 2, 2014

Difficult To Beautiful








I've walked many difficult roads in my life.....
But then again who hasn't right?!?
The "back in the day me" looked at some of my roads of difficulty as punishment....
Unfair and unjust.
I saw them as God putting me in my place for all my bad, I mean really bad, decisions I had made in my life. 

There were times back then I felt as though I was in a forever "timeout" ......
Never to see the light of day again. 
OK, so maybe that's a tad bit of exaggerating......
But dear Lord it sure still felt that way. 

 The last 4 years I have been on a road who's curves never seem to end......
The twist and turns......
The ups and downs.......
The constant unexpected changes......
So much it had me wanting to scream " Enough Already!!"

However........
Yes there is a "however" in all this. 

What I thought to be unfair is increasing my faith.....
What I thought to be unjust is giving me strength and  improving my character.....
What I thought was a forever timeout is now teaching me to check my attitude when I grow weary and frustrated.
In other words, instead of looking at the difficulty in the curves , I am purposing to look at the blessings found along the way in the curves. 

The beautiful people He has placed in my life......
The unconditional love.......
The daily encouragement........
The words spoken into my life.....

Gods word tells us .....

Proverbs 6:2
you have been trapped by what you said,
    ensnared by the words of your mouth."

I don't want to be trapped in life's situations by the words of my mouth. 
( Thanks Diana!!!)
It's by speaking HIS words in and over our curves (life) our difficult roads lead to our beautiful destinations. 


I want to encourage you to see the blessings in the curves.......
From every difficult road a beautiful destination is found. 

xoxoxo
Stacey





Linking With : Simply Beth and My Daily Walk In His Grace





* I take no credit for above pictures*

4 comments:

  1. "It's by speaking HIS words in and over our curves (life) our difficult roads lead to our beautiful destinations." Yes, Yes!! Learning and growing is what this journey with the LORD is all about. Much to ponder here, Stacey.
    Wandering over form Beth's and glad I did.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you stopped by Linda. Learnign and growing in Him is what it's all about!!
      Blessings to you!
      Stacey

      Delete
  2. Stacey, I do miss coming by more frequently. I need to change that. What you shared here really spoke to me. Loved this >>> "In other words, instead of looking at the difficulty in the curves, I am purposing to look at the blessings found along the way in the curves." Our perspective changes when we are intentional with seeing His blessings. They are always there. Thanks so much for sharing with TWW. I am sorry it took me a while to come by and I will be intentional about visiting you more.
    Blessings.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth,
      No apologies neccessary my sweet friend! I am so glad this spoke to you. Sometimes I feel as though I am the only one living in the curves!! Thank God He is there with us :)
      Many blessings to you!!
      xoxox
      Stacey

      Delete

Your comments are always a Blessing~