May 18, 2012

Roots, Wings and Graduation~

Facebook has been a modern day Internet reunion for so many of us. I have enjoyed seeing all my old school friends and acquaintances share their lives and family via Internet. It has been a joyous experience to see us all become "our" own  parents and share all of our children's milestones in this life.

Yesterday Shannon,one of my high school gals, and fellow "BHS Babe in Blue",  posted her baby girls graduation.


                                                                       Taylor



Her first born taking her first steps into adulthood.

Shannon's facebook status stated how she had cried on her baby's first day of kindergarten and now her tears would flow again .

I know as a mom myself, she watched with a heart full of joy as her precious baby girl walked that wonderful stage of "graduation", her tears did flow.

I can relate to Shannon's emotions as I remember the day my oldest graduated from high school.


As they walk across the stage, you hear their first cries echoing in your ear....

You  see their first steps they ever took, and laugh at the first words ever spoken......



First day of kindergarten....

First day of junior high school......

First loves.....

First heartbreaks....

The first time they backed out of the driveway, without you in the car......
(Yikes)


For every tear wiped away, every face that was washed, every hair bow neatly placed, every grin, every loose tooth, Santa days and birthday parties, every prayer that was said, all leads to this moment......

Her new chapter in life.....

The first of many steps to full filling her every dream......


Shannon's joyous face really tugged at my heart, as we both are single moms.

I can appreciate the road she has traveled, the sacrifices she has made,  the tears she has cried, the strength she has endured ,the grace she has shown and the joy she has experienced as she molded, and shaped her daughter to be the young woman she is today.





For many of us single moms,we feel the weight of the world on our shoulders when raising our precious babies alone.  Even with the love and support of our family and friends, the feelings can still linger at times.

And then the single "mom" question.......

Did I love her enough for both myself and her Dad?


I was blessed to be able to speak with Shannon today, in her voice I did not hear a woman who was tired, overwhelmed or bitter from walking this journey as a single mom.

What I did hear, was a woman who is ever so grateful to have had the opportunity to be Taylor's mom. To experience life through her daughters eyes. To be apart of a life that is, without words the most precious gift a woman could ever receive.

Roots and Wings........

We gave our children the roots they need to be loving, caring and stable individuals, and then the wings to spread and fly as far as their dreams will take them.

So today I applaud Shannon ( and all the other parents with graduates)  for giving your daughter strong roots of love, self respect, integrity and the love of God in all areas of her life, to be able to see the path her "Daddy God" has placed before her .

 For you, Shannon, all the roads you walked, all the trials you endured, all the joyfully, blissful and some painful times as a single mom, you can now see the fruits of your labor as your beautiful baby girl becomes all that God has called her to be.





May God bless you both~

All My love,
Stacey


Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."






2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your beautiful article about my daughter, Shannon, and my granddaughter, Taylor. I, too, know the trials and tribulations of being a single mom and grandmom. I am so very proud of my daughters and my four beautiful grandchildren and I thank God every day for the blessings I have. I know it has been God's hand that guides us. Thank you again so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome Mrs.Howell! You have a beautiful family and we all can see Gods wonderful hand on you all!

    Blessings to you~
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a Blessing~