Oct 2, 2012

Max...Unexpected Love~

This is Max......
Our new "shop" cat.........

Truth be told.....it was not my choice to adopt this adolescent kitty.
When my brother told me they found a kitten, I pictured a baby, not this "teenager" of a cat who has now become our newest member of our "shop" family.
  Once again, not by my choice.....

I am not a cat person......
I prefer dogs over a cat any day of the week.

But here in all his glory sits "Max" ......
And on my desk.
Geez!!!

 But I must admit.......
He is a sweet little creature, full of mischief and full of affection.
Demands my attention at all costs and doesn't take no for an answer.
( Sounds like another teenager I know)



He makes his presence known and noted.......
He has in his own way taken over my desk.......
He has made it clear that he is here to stay and I am to share my space with him.


Including his nap time...............

In the past few days, I have fallen in love with Max.
Huge surprise to myself......
And I think it is safe to say, he loves me.

Unexpected Love~

All this kitty wanted was love and affection. Somewhere to lay his head, rest and feel loved.
A place he could call home and have his every need taken care of.
A family.........


There have been times in my life when I can relate to Max.
All I wanted was to be loved......
A place of rest from life's troubles.....
Loving arms to hold me.....
A safe place~
A place where all my needs were taken care of........

Truth be told I was looking to the world to full fill those needs.
A place, a person, a job, or a new purchase......
Anything to fill that void.

I would hold on to people or things that were temporal, things that would not last as they were not meant to be.......
Only to find the void was growing bigger...........

My "unexpected love" came when I made the choice to completely surrender to my daddy God.
To allow him to fill every need and area in my life.
To hold his hand of  promises......
To rest in his presence......

When I am tired and weary.........
Hungry and thirst........
It is with Him and Him alone do I find my "unexpected love"

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.


Max and I have compromised on his nap time space, he now has his own chair in my office.


My prayer today is for those who feel lost, lonely, tired and weary.......
Those who have voids that need filling......
Who need love....
Who need rest......

Look up, just as Max looks up to his new family,  you will find your Father in heaven waiting with open arms and an un-excepted love that will last a life time~

Much love~
Stacey



1 comment:

Your comments are always a Blessing~