Mar 26, 2014

Masquerade Of Faces


If one was to take a peek in my trunk of faces, they would see many.
Happy face.....
Sad face......
Joyful face......
Devastated face.......
Rejected face........
Peace face........
Angry face.......
Faces of concern, fear,and even doubt. 

I was taught early in my faith that to show any face other than happy, my faith was lacking. 
My belief in my daddy God was shallow......
That I was not the child of God I claimed to be......
I had failed God tremendously. 
Believing if I showed any other emotion other than happiness, I was not faithful to God, I stuffed all my faces at the bottom of my trunk and wore only one for others to see ......
My plastic face of false happiness.

I would walk into a room, church, store or family gathering and when asked my answer was always the same......
 " I am fine" as I was cheesing that fake plastic smile hoping all that asked could not see past it.

I did the same with my children......
When asked about them my answers were always " wonderful, happy and doing great"
I wore a plastic face for them as well. 
Since I was standing in faith for them, I did not want others to see any lack in their lives any more than my own......
Their downfalls in life now became, in my mind, a reflection of my failures as a parent.
My face of doubt became the one I wore in the confines of my home......
My fear face went to bed with me.....
And my concerned face woke me up every morning, only to remind me to put on my plastic face before walking out the door. 

My many faces became such a juggling act, I was literally a walking disaster.  
The world will judge us whether  we are happy, sad,broken or whole......
Whether we are "happy plastic" people or showing our brokenness.



My face of brokenness, the world said, portrayed me as a total failure in this life......
But my daddy God said differently.

Romans 3:23
2for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 

He reminds me, no one is perfect......
We all fall.......
It is through our brokenness the love of our daddy God shines forth with such a profound brightness.....
In our weakness His strength is made perfect. ( 2 Cor 12:9)

When we wear our true emotional faces, we allow our daddy God to come in and love on us.....
To comfort us.....
To heal us.......
We become a testimony of His unfailing and unconditional love.
We show others grace beyond measure.....
Mercy that has no bounds. 
We become a living song, singing of His goodness and righteousness......
We are delivered and restored......

There is no shame in my masquerade of faces......
No lack in my faith........
Only proof that He still reigns....
And I am still and forever more His. 

xoxoxo


Stacey

Isaiah 61:1
6“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;




* I take no credit for above photo*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always a Blessing~