Apr 12, 2012

Hardly Breathing......



My eldest daughter is serving our country in the Army. She has been deployed overseas in Afghanistan for the last year. Every time she was able to come for a visit, which was twice, one of my favorite parts of her homecoming was waiting at the airport to see her come off the plane.




To see this beautiful young woman, dressed in uniform, that has a smile that can light up ten rooms at once walking towards me is a feeling that is indescribable.

It is a moment in time so full of pride, happiness, joy and tears....

As I watched her walk towards me I could see her as a baby, a toddler , a young girl, teenager and now a woman who fights for our country......

To hear her voice say "Mommy I am home" with that amazing smile and eyes that shine is heart melting.

To wrap her up in my arms and hold her is the most amazing feeling for me,  as for any parent greeting their solider.

Beautiful moment.....

Definitely~

When it's time for her to leave again, it's a time of tears and somewhat fake smiles, as I don't want her to leave, but after several hugs, kisses and I love yous, I have had to watch my baby walk back onto a airplane with tears streaming down , a forced smile plastered across my face and a thumbs up signal knowing she is going back to do her job for the country that she loves.



I am a PROUD momma......

For those shorts visits I am able to breathe, knowing she is here with me and her family.....

My family is complete.

I have had so many tell me over the last year, "How scared" I must be.....

How worried I must be......

How fearful my heart must be.....
Sad and proud.....

To be honest I truly believe she has had God's divine protection over her and around her. I knew that I had to keep a positive attitude, and with out a shadow of a doubt stand on faith that she would return home.

No matter what was said during our phone calls, I knew that I had to continue to encourage her, push her and remind her of who she is in Christ. A friend once told me I couldn't let her see my "momma fear", I had to be strong so she could do her job.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.


Strong I was.....

Encourage I did....

Pushed like never before...

Prayed without ceasing.....

Breathed? Hardly........


Tori's favorite scriptures comes from Psalm 91. My mother gave her a James Avery pocket piece to carry with her.

Psalm 91 is  the inscription.

I made myself walk through the motions most days as there were some when I didn't feel so positive.

I missed my beautiful baby girl and I wanted her home. I know there are many many other parents that share my mixed emotions as their own serve as well.

However during this time, I learned once again a level of trust and faith in my daddy God. During my most heart felt times of missing her, the Lord would remind me that He had her, that she was His child to walk the road He has for her.

That He loves her more than I ever could and she was divinely protected by HIM!





And once again I would be reminded of His word.....

Psalm 91
 1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
   will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
   my God, in whom I trust.”
 3 Surely he will save you
   from the fowler’s snare
   and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
   and under his wings you will find refuge;
   his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
   nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
   nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
   ten thousand at your right hand,
   but it will not come near you


When God makes a promise to any of his children, he keeps his word. His word never returns void.

And promise He did kept!!!

My daughter NCO Tori Parker has completed her deployment and is currently in route back to US soil !!!!!

She completed her task, stood on God's word, and is know witnessing His words to her come to pass!!!

SHE IS COMING HOME!!!!!





And guess what?

I am breathing!! :)

God is so good to his children. No matter our circumstances, He is always there. He never leaves nor forsakes us.

Today I want to encourage you all that no matter what you may be dealing with, what ever the situation may be surrounding your life, Our daddy God is there and he is telling you to just " Breathe" He has you in the palm of his hand, wrapped in His divine protection.

He has covered you with His "feathers" and your refuge is under His "wing".

Today my family and I give thanks to Jesus for bringing our solider girl home safe. We give him all the glory and praise!!!

I can't wait to hold her in my arms and see that beautiful smile. Chelsea and I are counting the days, if not minutes......

And of course we are breathing!!!



WELCOME HOME BABY GIRL!!!! 

We are so proud of you and ALL your battle buddies!!!!


Much love,

Stacey


* Photo's from her deployment and past home visits*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always a Blessing~