Nov 6, 2014

I Came From Brokenness


There was a time in my life when everything was turned upside down and inside out. 
I had so much brokenness in my world, the pieces looked as though they would never again fit together.
From broken relationships, to finances, from a job that was going no where and balancing a two parent home alone as my divorce was kicked into high gear, I was floundering and floundering hard. 

Emotionally I was a disaster in the worst way....
Physically my weight was melting off of me like butter.....
 I couldn't seem to get it together in any area of my life. 
 I had two beautiful little girls who needed me to be the solid foundation of their world....
A foundation with no cracks.....
  And here I was, the one whose plastic smile reassured them all was well.....
The one who went through her days head held high but yet cried herself to sleep in the quite of her bedroom. 

I had those in my life tell me to just get over it all....
Nothing or no one is worth that much stress and heart ache.
Others walked me through it with love and grace allowing me the time to get myself together. 
I wasn't a complete basket case....
Nor was I crazed and spiteful........
 I was a broken woman.

Psalm 40: 1-3
I waited patiently for the Lord: And He inclined to me, 
And He heard my cry. 
He also brought me up and out of a horrible pit. Out of the miry clay. 
And He set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps. 
He has put a new song in my mouth-
Praise to our God.
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.

Through my brokenness I gained healing.....
Through the ashes I found beauty.....
I experienced grace....
 I received mercy.....
And unconditional love like never before.

There I saw God in all His glory restore me to the woman He created me to be. 
I was no longer the woman the world claimed I was. 
I was now standing on the rock that could not be shaken....
My foundation of life in which no cracks could be seen.......
My daddy God.

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.


There is no shame when we go through a period of brokenness in life. 

It is a growing season.....
(We learn to reach for God)
A season of strength gaining.....
(We can stand for others without judgment)
A season where courage is built.....
(There is no more fear )
And a renewal within which is born.
(We can love and embrace those who are broken)

Out of it all emerged a woman who holds more love in her heart....
Can see victory no matter the battle....
Holds on to hope......
Believes in the impossible.....
And became a stronger version of me.
For it is Christ in me that I can do all things.

I came from brokenness...........

xoxox
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always a Blessing~