Oct 6, 2011

Endure~

I was reading a blog on one of my sweet friends blog site ( Is that you Lord by Shelly Faust) It is titled "Fearless" and she goes on to say how that is her word for the year 2011. ( check her site out, as it is truly a blessing as she is!) The question she poses in her blog to us all, What is your word for 2011? I began to think about that. What is my word for this year? As I meditated on this, one word came over and over to my spirit and that word is ENDURE.
When the Lord takes us into a new season there are sometimes "bumps" in the road. As he brings to the place he wants us, there are times of discipline. To do what He is calling us to do, there must be changes in our lives for this new season. Sometimes during this time of  discipline and change there are hardships we may have to endure.

Hebrews 12:7 "Endure Hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father?"

Their may be times in our lives when a hardship is an attack from the enemy, however there are times when our daddy God is allowing a certain situation to take place to discipline us, to get us where he wants us. Just as we as parents teach our children boundaries and accountability to be productive citizens in society, so does our Father in heaven.

Websters Dictionary defines the word "Endure" : to undergo (as a hardship) especially without giving in: to regard with acceptance or tolerance: to remain firm under suffering or misfortune without yielding < thought it is difficult, we must endure>

So as I move into this beautiful new season God has for me, I must "endure" my bumps, my difficulties and yes even some hardship,as I know that my daddy God is building my character, teaching me new boundaries, establishing a new sense of accountability and disciplining me, his daughter, with love.
As Shelly asked in her blog what was our word for this year, I whole heartily say mine is "Endure"
Now what is your word?

Much Love,
Stacey

( Don't forget to check out "Is that you Lord" as you will truly be blessed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always a Blessing~