Feb 2, 2012

He knows our hearts ~

I have always told my girls " Don't let the world tell you who you are; Tell the world who you are through Christ Jesus."  It seems like such a simple statement. Here lately I have found that I need this more than ever. I have had to remind myself that no matter how the world sees me, looks at me (some may even judge me) or percieves me, my "daddy" God sees me differently. There are times when I wonder why would God use me to do his works when I have made so many mistakes in life. I have often  asked;  Why me Lord? There have even been times when I have found myself worried that if I step out and tell my story there will be those that reject me and condem me for my past mistakes, failed marraiges or just the fact that I am a single mom. No my family isn't the "Leave it to Beaver" type of family, but we are without a doubt a family. So to answer my own question "Why me Lord?" It's because I do have a story, one that can reach those who have been judged, unloved, and made to feel unworthy due to their circumstances. I am a product of my mistakes and God's grace. I am HIS daughter, just as my girls are my daughters, and he loves me no matter my story! He knows the beginning, the middle and the end.

God's word tells us 1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

God didn't look at my "height" (mistakes) my "appearance" ( circumstances), he looked at my HEART!!
So once again I remind myself " Don't let the world tell you who you are, tell the world who you are through Christ Jesus!" 
I encouarge you all to do the same, after all He knows our hearts!

Much love~

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately you will always have people who judge and criticize and condemn. Don't recipricate or retaliate or allow other people's opinions to determine your value and rob you of confidence. Keep your eyes on Jesus and keep your heart pure. His grace is sufficient. xoxo~Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shelly! You are awesome my friend!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a Blessing~