Mar 28, 2012

Finish lines & Witnesses ~


I have watched this video time and time again. It is a true inspiration of a athlete and his race.

I am not a athlete,however I do have a race of my own in this life.

We all do.....

After watching this video, I began to meditate on the times in my life when my daddy God has busted through the "security" lines in life to run to me, his daughter, and hold me up to the finish line.

I looked back upon my life and reminded myself of all the times I started out strong, pushing hard, my eyes focused on that wonderful finish line only to find that I have fallen on the track of  life. There were times of financial hardships, failed relationships, and strife amongst those I love. And then I saw where HE put his arms around me, as I cried out to him that I must finish the "race" that was set before me.

I saw where he had carried me, held me up, and yes walked me to my finish.

I cry ever time I watch this man's father push his way through security, runs to his son and holds him up. It is such a precious moment for them both.

As a parent I can just imagine his fathers pain as he witnesses his sons injury knowing how long and hard he had prepared for that moment.... that race.....

Both of my girls are athletes, and I can remember what my heart felt as I watched my oldest daughter fall on the basketball court her senior year of high school with a torn ACL. She laid there crying that she "had" to play. She had worked so hard to get to that point.

My heart broke as I heard her scream in pain, and as I held her on that court as she cried....

I watched my daughter several days later as the doctor told her the extent of her injury and that surgery was the course of action for her. She listened carefully, asked the questions she deemed important for her recovery and then looked at me and said ..." Mom, I need to get to the game, my team needs me there to cheer them on. "

So on crutches and a braced knee we went.

We got there just in time as the team was preparing to run out on the court to be introduced. My daughter stood on her crutches and gave high fives to each player as they ran by her....

I cried.....

My daughter stood on the side lines with tears in her eyes and clapped and cheered her team on to their "finish line"

I was proud...

As a child, I can imagine the relief this athlete felt when he felt his daddy's arms grab him to hold him up.

As a person I can see the heart felt love between a father and son as they finish the race TOGETHER, through the pain and tears.

Our daddy God is just like this father and so much more!!!

He is always there to pick us up, hold us up, carry and walk us to our destined finish line!

When the video shows this young man receiving a standing ovation of over sixty five thousand people, the scripture that came to me is

Hebrews 12:1

 1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us

 Just as my daughter stood on the side lines and cheered her team on, we all have a "great cloud of witnesses" cheering us on.

I believe Moses, Abraham, Noah, Rehab, Tamar, Ruth, Sarah, Daniel, King David, Peter, Paul ,Matthew, Mark and so many many more are in that great cloud of witness clapping and cheering us on.

They all had hardships, trials, disasters, deaths and yet continued to pursue the race the Lord had set before them.

Those that have already finished their race and have made it to the finish line are the same ones cheering us all to complete our race.

I encourage you all, myself included, keep your eyes focused on the finish line......
No matter the "injury" or obstacles in this life, keep pushing towards the goal your daddy God has set for you.

Don't give up..... Get up!!


Much love~
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always a Blessing~