Sep 7, 2012

Dear God, Make me a Bird...........

I took this picture last night at my daughters volleyball game. I had walked outside and when I looked up, this is what I saw......

Simply beautiful..........

God's Grace painted in the sky~

But what caught my attention, other than the brilliant color and the shape of the clouds, was the hole right in the middle. The one bright spot of brazen blue surrounded by the contrast of golden yellow.

I felt drawn to that one spot in the sky. I felt as though it was a place of serenity and peace.
A place where I could disappear and rest.

No unpaid bills............
No doubts...............
No anxiety............
No stress, bad moods or irritations...........
No fear.............
No valleys to walk through, No sharp mountains to climb.......


A place where my flesh would not get in the way and my mind could not take over my spirit.

A place of totally and everlasting peace~

My words I whisper to the sky............

" Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far far away" ........

" I don't want to do this any longer Lord"...........

" I need rest, Please".............

There are so many who have the illusion that once you surrender your life to God, you and your life will be perfect.....

An illusion created by the enemy to have us give up and turn away from God, because we do have valleys to walk and mountains to climb.

The positive is we now have our daddy God there with us.

To guide........
To uphold..........
To carry...........
To restore..........
To heal..............
To forgive.........
To give hope.......
To be victorious in this life~

My heart and soul has cried several tears over the last several days, and with that said......

I know that I know I still serve a big God who will never leave me nor fore sake me.

I know that as I continue to walk this season, He will not make me a bird physically, but he will in His unfailing love, place His hand over my heart as a balm of Gilead and heal the brokenness my soul suffers for myself and those I love. 

He will give me rest.................
He will raise me up......
He will allow me to soar..........
He will strengthen me to stand in the gap for my family and friends.....

He will LOVE me through this season~
And I promise He will LOVE you through yours!!!

Much love~
Stacey

Matthew 11:28-29

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.












1 comment:

  1. Margo@Legacy of a Single GirlSeptember 11, 2012 at 2:42 PM

    Beautiful post. And the sky...just glorious!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a Blessing~