Apr 4, 2013

The Storm before the Calm


We have all heard the saying....
"This is the calm before the storm"

But I think my best friend, Diana, said it best last week when she told me this was "our" storm before the calm.

In the past several weeks my thunder clouds have towered over me from every aspect of my life.....
It truly has been something every week ....
Some felt like tiny raindrops.....
Others came down in large drops....
Along with some gail force winds......
And I even had what seemed to be some golf ball size hail slamming into me.

This storm sent my emotions all over the place.....
Literally.
~Sheesh~

My emotionally weariness spilled over into a physically exhaustion.
I could not understand why so much was happening all at once.
I truly became flabbergasted!!!

And then deep within my spirit I hear......
" The bigger the storm, the bigger the blessing"

Ahhhhhhh......
I am now in remembrance of ALL the promises my daddy God has given me over the last 4 years......
All the little pick me ups to continue my walk....
The sweet uplifting words He sent through others......
The messages I have heard....
The books I have been encouraged to read.

The enemy of our souls wants so badly for us all to focus on the storms in our lives in hopes we are blinded to our blessings.
It is his desire for us to give up.....
To fall down permanently.....
To quit....
To close our eyes and just die within our storms.

God's word tells us .....


Isaiah 59:19

New King James Version (NKJV)
19 So shall they fear
The name of the Lord from the west,
And His glory from the rising of the sun;
When the enemy comes in like a flood,
The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.


He will lift up a "standard".....
A banner declaring war against my enemy.....
Charging the battleground with swords ablaze!!!!!

This storm may have came hard and force full but  my daddy God.....
Ohhh my wonderful daddy God.......
His faithful promises are my armour and protection!!

Psalm 91:4

New King James Version (NKJV)
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.


I now laugh at this storm that has tried to encase me with all its fiery.....
This storm ,my enemy believed, would be the final blow in the attempts of taking me out.

.
So I agree with Diana's statement, " The storm before our Calm"
As this storm is just another failed act of the enemy.....
His last ditch effort for me to miss my promised blessings.

My calm is is on the horizon......
And with it brings more glory to the Father.

I encourage you to look not to the storm, but look to your horizon.............







For God is always victorious!!

Xoxo
Stacey


6 comments:

  1. What awesome verses of encouragement! I know I felt the storms last fall/winter. With the fresh spring air has come a renewing of my spirit! Sure, I have my days, still, but God is so good! Thanks for sharing this!
    In His love, Ann @ Christ in the Clouds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sharing this with my readers. This such hugely blessed me. Especially when you said- the bigger the storm, the bigger the blessing. Wow! Brilliant post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this twist, and the hope that no matter what storms come our way, we can say "my calm is on the horizon." Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the sweet words of encouragement coupled with such comforting Bible verses. Sweet joys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for such sweet words!!! We will ALL make it through our storms!!!!!
    Victory in Jesus!!!!! How sweet is that???

    Blessings to you all!!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remembering that the storm will not last forever is hard sometimes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a Blessing~