Apr 16, 2012

Sunday Mornings





I sit here, with my mind full of memories. Memories of my oldest son Jared when he was little. Jared will be 19 in August, and today was approved for his apartment. He will be moving out at the end of April to be closer to the university where he is finishing his first year of college. Yes, I'm having a "Mom Moment"! LOL This beautiful young man, who has half my DNA, and I carried for 9 months is leaving home. I know my strong, independent son, and once he leaves, he will never live with me again. I'm so proud of who he has become, but I'll always see him as my child, my baby. I want what is best for him, even if I don't get to see him every day. I asked him, "When am I going to get to see you now?". His response was, "Probably on Sunday afternoons. I'll come by."  But I know there will be tests to study for, things to do with friends and I know that those Sunday afternoons will be few and far between.







While I was pondering this, I thought about God the FATHER, who sent his ONLY son, to us, that in Him and through Him if we believed in Him, we would be granted so many good things. Forgiveness, the abundant life, and life eternal with Him. So as I considered my son, whom I spent 17 hours in labor with, who I took the time to raise to be loving and caring and catering to his every need and desire, whom I love with a love that is indescribable, I "may" get to see on Sunday afternoons. Then I thought of my Father who sent his son, who lived and died and rose again, according to His Father's plan, and can hear him ask me:, "Do I only get to spend time with you on Sunday mornings?"
Our God desires a relationship with us. The Word says that as much as we love our children and desire to do good things for them, HE loves us so much that we can't even comprehend it! I know how I feel with Jared moving out. I know how lonely I will feel not seeing him everyday. I can't imagine how the God who created us, feels when he has to ask, "Do I only get to spend time with you on Sunday mornings?"


Food for thought~
Love,
Diana

1 comment:

  1. This is GREAT! Looks like a lot of work.
    The content is interesting. I remember putting a little girl on a plane to St. Louis once with so many tears in my eyes I couldn't see to walk off the plane. The stewardess helped to guide me off.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a Blessing~