Aug 7, 2012

Change of a season....Kicking our way through it~


 Fall is my favorite time of the year.

All the beautiful colors of yellow, red and orange give me such a peaceful feeling. The cool crisp air is such a refreshing change from the hot sticky southern summers.

Not to mention I love football season... Yes I am a "football" kinda girl :)
OK.... I am a HUGE football fan!!

But what about when God takes us from one season in life to another?

Is it a peaceful change??

Is the breeze cool and crisp??

Do the colors reflect beauty??

OR....Do you move kicking and stomping your feet in anger that your season is changing??
Once you get to your new season, do you continue to ride on the  merry-go-round of frustration and defiance???

Maybe your conversation with God has gone something like this.....

" Why did you bring me here? I don't want to be here!! I was happy right where I was!!"
"Look God, look at all the hurdles I am having to jump in this season!!!"
This isn't fair!!!!!!!

As you begin to tell him the huge list of unhappiness, the colors are not vibrant and beautiful in your new season. They become dark and ugly.
The air is not cool and crisp, but smothering and stifling.
There is no breeze in your new season.....

No joy............

But what about a change of season that you have no control over??

A loss of a loved one.....

A marriage that is no more....

Job change...Or lack of work???

Loss of your home..........

An illness.............

Do you see the beauty( positive) out of the ugly(negative)??

My daughter and I  are in the middle of a new season.
In the last three years our world has been turned upside down and inside out.

 From my oldest daughter deploying over seas, to a divorce and then God moving us from our home in Texas where we lived for 12 years back to Louisiana.

As an adult the many changes were hard for me, but for a teenager they can be brutal.

I could see some of the stepping stones on  the new path God had laid out for us. I knew that He was taking us both to a new season for better things, however my precious babygirl could not.

( And there are days she still struggles with this new season)

As her mom, I continue to encourage her that there is positive in this new season.
That's my job as her mom right?

And then there are my days I question as to why we were moved at the time He moved us.

I thought by not showing my questionable emotions towards God in front of her would make things easier for her.......

Hmmmmm...... Not so much~

I thought to show her my obedience in God she would understand and be joyful in all our life changes.

I was wrong.....

Here my babygirl was floundering in her sea of anger and uncertainties~

~Sheesh~

In the last several days I have been able to express my emotions with her. I explained to her I didn't see the whole picture, that I too missed our friends and life back in Texas, however believing and TRUSTING in God when he moves us, the blessings and his favor will continue in our lives.

She needed to know she wasn't alone in her emotions.

~His ways are higher than ours~

The road to a new season may not always be easy or beautiful in the natural, however when we set our eyes on Jesus, the colors become brilliant and bold!!

Isaiah 55:8-9

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

(He continues to give me this scripture over and over , I believe he is trying to tell me something )

Our joy should come from him and not our surrounding circumstances.
To allow ourselves to see the beauty of Christ and to feel HIS refreshing breeze blow in our lives is what will carry us into any new season.

It is in the trusting of our daddy God that we feel the beauty of change~

I will continue to share my feelings and emotions with my daughter as well as apply God's word and promises to encourage her as we continue this new season.


Are you kicking your way through your season of change or allowing God in his infinite love bring you to the place he has set for you??



Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


And once again the scripture I claim as my "life" verse, as I have stood on this one time and time again, is there to remind me His plans far exceed the ones I had for my life~

Much love~
Stacey













3 comments:

  1. I have walked your road. One daughter was thrilled--graduating, engagement, wedding,etc. My always cheerful 8-year-old was unhappy. She missed her friends, church, school. I cried many tears over her. I didn't understand how a move ordained by God could lead to different results in the feelings of my girls. I'll never forget the day she told me she wouldn't want to move back because how could she leave her friends and church. I'm praying you'll get settled soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pamela! One would think after two years after the move the settling days would be better. However I can understand from a 17 yr olds point of view and I am believing God her heart will see HIS plans for her life as well as mine!

    Blessings~
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a Blessing~