Oct 24, 2012

Nailing Jello to a Tree.......

Can you imagine actually nailing jello to a tree??
It just will not work.......

I have used this analogy at times when I am frustrated in getting a point across to my teenager.
And yes it does feel like I am nailing jello to a tree!!
~sigh~

But what about other areas in life??
It seems over the last few weeks I have been trying to nail a truck load of jello to many trees.
From work, to family,to finances and many other things.

With my hammer and nails in hand I must admit.........
My patience has been running thin, and my stress level has just about reached it's peaking point.
The jello in my life just won't nail!!!!!

James instructs us in the the bible to count it all joy when going through trials in life.

Count it all joy James??
Really??
 I am now speaking to James as though he is standing in front of me.
Crazy I know...... :)

As I am speaking to "James", I hear my daddy God's voice leading me to the following:

James 1:2-8

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
                       

  As I read, verse 6 caught my attention in a big way. " I have faith Lord", I tell him.
"Yes but after you ask, do you doubt?" This was His response to me.


Doubt by allowing my circumstances to overwhelm me. 
Doubt by allowing the "Oh No's" to surface. 
Doubt by allowing my spirit to get weary. 
Doubt by allowing my stress to peak.
Doubt by allowing worry to overshadow my peace.
Doubt by allowing myself to aimlessly wonder what next........

Doubt by nailing jello to a tree!!!

The reality of it all is all my situations and circumstances have already been nailed to a tree......
It was three nails, and my saviour.......
When Christ died on the cross, he took all my issues with him and they were ALL taken care of when He stated "It is finished".

The trials I am walking  are a testing of my faith, to spiritually grow and trust in my daddy God completely.
We will all have trials, pressure cooking moments, and test in life.
It is through our faith in HIM and Him alone that we emerge on the other side victorious!!
It is not by nailing jello to a tree :)

My prayer today is that I along with anyone else who seems to be a wave tossing around by the wind, let's put our hammer and nails down and count it all joy as our daddy God continues His work in us and through us!!!

My tree will no longer contain the remains of "jello"
What does yours look like ? :)



Much love~
Stacey



                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always a Blessing~