Feb 4, 2013

There's a snake in the woodpile~




I can hear them coming through the door,one hollering my name the other crying for her sister to "stop it" and "let her go"........

Their ages are 11 and 5.

My youngest is screaming, "It's just a baby sissy" and my oldest ,I  hear her holler back with panic in her voice .....IT'S A SNAKE!!!!!!

What my fearless little beauty didn't realize, she was just about to grab a baby coral  snake......

"Red on yellow kill a fellow"


Dear sweet Jesus!!!!

Thank God my oldest was there to see what her baby sister was about to do..................

She did not have the wisdom to know how poisonous that "baby" was.......
Which made the situation  worse as they can not control the amount of venom released.

In reality, had she been bitten, we would have not been able to get her medical attention in time.

Once again.......

Thank you sweet Jesus!!!!

But what about when we stick our hands in the 'woodpile" of life and are bitten?

The venom of the world can be and is vicious.......

There are times is comes through bites that are slow and painful, releasing it's poison slowly into our hearts and minds....

Other times the strikes come fast and furious...........
With  the sole purpose to take us out immediately and permanently......

Acts 28:3-5

New King James Version (NKJV)
But when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks and laid them on the fire, a viper came out because of the heat, and fastened on his hand. So when the natives saw the creature hanging from his hand, they said to one another, “No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he has escaped the sea, yet justice does not allow to live.” But he shook off the creature into the fire and suffered no harm.



Notice how the natives were quick to condemn Paul as a "murderer" when the snake (viper) had bitten him ???

They then decided his fate,stating he was to die.

The world is just as quick to do the same when the enemy comes out and "bites" one of God's children........

What I love about this passage, Paul did not freak out as my daughter or I did....
He did not allow the bite on his hand to consume him with fear or worry.....

What he did do, was to shake the creature into the fire and he suffered NO harm!!!!!

I want to encourage you all,  when reaching into the woodpile of life and that snake rears his ugly head,  and fastens to you hand...........

SHAKE HIM OFF!!!!!

(I am learning to do that very same thing, all though some may say my hand shaking could resemble the hokie pokie, I am still shaking that viper off!!!! )

 Throw him back into the fire where he belongs!!

Do not allow the world to determine your fate......
Allow God's path to be the one :)

xoxoxoxo
Stacey



2 comments:

  1. I'd shake him off and then squish him into the ground, kick him outta there and say "Good ridance!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frightening - your little girl almost picking up a coral snake, I mean...not that old snake, Satan. He's already been defeated. The only time he can hurt me is when I forget that and let him mess with my head.

    Glad your children came out of that one unscathed. Thank you, Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a Blessing~