Aug 22, 2013

"Obedience is so Easy"... said No One Ever



Proverbs 10:8
The wise in heart accepts command,
But a chattering fool comes to ruin.

A chattering fool.........
I have been that person at times in my life. 
I have argued, debated and even cried out in rebellion. 
I choose not to see that the commands of my daddy God were in my best interest.
I bargained.....
I planned.....
I reasoned.....
And I commanded....
I rebelled.

In return I received "ruin"
Relationships that failed.....
Situations that did not bring peace....
Confusion ran in my home....
Strife between my flesh and spirit.

I took control and only allowed God to work in a few areas of my life while I held on to the others with vengeance. 
My reality of obedience was distorted and gave me reason to believe my way was better. 
My wisdom was lacking.

When God moved me back to my home state I had to come a place of complete obedience in my life.  I was excited and happy  and ready for the change. 
But after two years, I begin to long for my home back in Texas, my busy life full of kids, my friends and my church. 

 I remember my mom telling me as a child, if I would just listen things would be easier.
 This season was getting harder....
The climb was difficult....
The learning was painful.
There were days my obedience came with kicking and screaming. 
I just wanted to go back to my comfort zone....
The place I felt was my safe place.
But I dug in and stuck to my promises I had made to God and continued to obey His direction.
My lack of understanding His plan, at times, seemed harsh....
And the feeling of taking control again would sweep over me.

Obedience is so easy, said no one ever.......

However, it was then that He would whisper His promises to me....
To remind me....
To encourage me....
To protect me....
To love me like no other.
I have learned being obedient is a blessing.
 No longer a chattering fool!!!

How do you handle obedience?

Xoxo
Stacey


JOB 36:11

11 If they obey and serve him,
    they will spend the rest of their days in
    and their years in contentment.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always a Blessing~